Anyway, this is what I've been working on - interlocking heart bracelets. And now that I've figured out how to use the bench buffer - everything's high sheen. Hard to tell in this photo though. First I created a puff bead and made a mold of it. I then molded a slew of beads out of scrap clay. After choosing my palette I began to decorate each bead - adding simple canes where necessary. Obviously pierced and baked each bead. Sanded with 400, 800 and 1000 grit sandpaper - buffed with my new machine that I am obsessed with. No wax anymore. I added sterling spacer beads on stretch cord and voila:
The third snow day of 2011 - kids home stealing my space again! Oh well, so it goes. I'm sure there'll be a day when I'd give anything for an entire day with my gals - stuck in the house. My studio - staring at me from the corner of the yard - about 2 feet of snow creeping up its exterior - (it's built on blocks) - only 2 more months 'til spring!
Posted by Boston Baked Beads at 4:08 PM