Pages

14.4.10

today's plan

I'm headed out to the studio today. I've got a bunch of things I'd like to work on but I am trying to stay focused. If I don't have a plan, I get in there and I walk around in circles worrying that my time is slipping between my fingers. 


A few weeks ago I ran into a friend who asked me if I had any jewelry for new moms. Her sister would soon be having a baby and she wanted to get her something nice. I didn't have anything special but with mother's day right around the corner I thought it would be a fun challenge. I very roughly sketched out a couple of classic ideas (A) - the baby in the mother's arms - a group of children encircled in a mom's (or grandmother's) hug. I drew it a little tighter in Illustrator to play with balance and scale (B). No, that's not a noose above the mother's neck - it's just represents where the bail might go. Today I'll play around with the idea in polymer. My goal is to create something beautiful in silver and polymer. I don't have my own kiln so the silver part's going to take a few days.  Pin It

No comments: