Pages

26.2.10

illustration friday: perspective

Once again it's time for Illustration Friday! This week's challenge word is perspective


I was lucky enough to visit the south of Spain several years ago and saw some beautiful architecture while I was there. The Church of La Encarnación in Marbella was the subject of this scratchboard drawing that I did from a photo I took. I think the unusual perspective on this piece makes for a more interesting subject.


There is so much beautiful tile work in Spain - tucked in every corner, decorating the rise of public steps, mortared into doorways, etc.  I'd like to think this exposure has influenced my work. I'd love to go back some day, maybe I could write it off as a work expense, hmmh? Pin It

1 comment:

Indigene said...

Beautiful perspective and lovely commentary!