Pages

10.3.11

off on a tangent

Every now and then it's fun to go off on a tangent. Let's start the week last Friday night when I went to my friend Sally Dean Mello's opening at Native in Scituate. Tuesday night I spent in her studio with another couple of dazzling ladies and we made amazing mixed media art. The "ribbon" you see on my piece below is actually from a spool of copper mesh that one of the other artists brought with her to share. I love it - and you'll be seeing a piece incorporated into jewelry one of these days soon.

Spreading my wings a little, I'm taking an oil painting class on Wednesday mornings with a friend and was lucky enough to do an open studio directly following to finish up my small work of art. Today I attended a gallery talk at the Art Complex Museum in Duxbury. 
Pin It

No comments: