Pages

8.5.12

there's lots of energy in a middle school

Well, I never finished the sun cane I was working on the other day. I miscalculated the amount of clay I had on hand. I thought I had a big block of white clay to pack in the shapes but turns out I had 2 large blocks of black. On Friday I was counting my blessings. There's lots of energy in a middle school. These kids were happy with a (very) quick explanation of how I repeated the patterns - and thrilled if they got a chance to cranks the pasta machine. I think the sun cane would have been too boring for them. Watching someone reduce a cane over a matter of 4 hours can be like watching paint dry after all. I put together a really simple cane and made some beads with it as the groups of children came and went. It worked out perfectly.

Pin It

No comments: