Pages

9.4.10

Craft Boston

Today I attended Craft Boston featuring 200 contemporary craft artists. I'd say there were about 25 -35 jewelry craftsmen and of them there were 4 polymer clay jewelry artists. Steve Ford and David Forlano are the head honchos at Ford and Forlano. I see them as a film student might see Steven Spielberg. I didn't expect that they would be at Craft Boston so when I saw their booth I was so excited. But to find them both in it well.. let's just say I was like a gushing school girl. They're just tops in the field so it was a thrill to meet them both. I also met Elise Winters , another incredible polymer clay artist who has risen so far to have her jewelry strut down the catwalk during NY Fashion Week this past February in Cynthia Rowley's Fall runway show. Susan Dyer who combines polymer clay with sterling to create stunning colorful pieces was there as well. Karin Noyes of Yellow House Studio was a treat to meet, very pleasant, it seems like her vibrant artwork reflects her delightful personality.


I was told my entry ticket's good for the entire weekend - it's definitely worth a second look. Pin It

No comments: